Link charts and other windows to Symbols for easy switching between symbols

Created at 24 Nov 2015, 20:53
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Joined 24.06.2015

Link charts and other windows to Symbols for easy switching between symbols
24 Nov 2015, 20:53

Firstly, loving the new features, keep up the good work Spotware!

Right now, I look at 4 different timeframe charts for each symbol I trade.
I currently have to right click > Symbol for EACH chart to change the symbol - inefficiently annoying!
Alternatively, I stick to 1 chart, but changing timeframes each time is also pretty inefficient. And THEN I have to change the symbol for that chart.

If you could link the chart(s) to the Symbols/Watchlist, so that as soon as you click on a new symbol, the linked charts will also change accordingly, that would make life much easier.

All you need to do is to add a "Link" button to the chart, and when it is clicked, it will link to the Symbols/Watchlist.

Thank you

cTrader
@1016471
Replies

sulemankm
07 Mar 2016, 09:49

There could also be a global edit box (or combo box) on the top most bar (just like tradingview.com), where one could enter a symbol name (by typing or selecting from a drop down list) and all the open chart windows would switch to the new symbols. This would enable to retain all the open time frames for each, and indicators on the time frames while switching symbols. However obviously any manually added lines such as those for support and resistance etc should be deleted when new symbol data is shown.

@sulemankm

vbkeydel
10 May 2017, 01:53 ( Updated at: 10 May 2017, 01:55 )

Or a color combobox to switch TimeFrame, another for Symbol, another for template...

@vbkeydel