Quicker method to switch between favourite timeframes

Created at 31 Dec 2015, 00:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JU

julianvt

Joined 05.11.2015

Quicker method to switch between favourite timeframes
31 Dec 2015, 00:32

Currently the only way to switch timeframes requires clicking on timeframe button, then scrolling through a long list to click on desired timeframe. I switch many times between 1-hour, 4-hour and daily timeframes on all my charts - the current method is too slow and tedious. Please allow me to assign keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys to my favourite timeframes and/or add them to a user customizable "favourites" toolbar that requires only a single mouse click.

completed
@julianvt
Replies

... Deleted by UFO ...

bartek1916
23 Mar 2016, 06:48

This is very important improvement. Please add toolbar for favourite timeframes!

@bartek1916

aalleexxlondon
07 Apr 2016, 22:14

You also need to be able to switch time frames whilst staying at the same interval, without going back to the current candle. I posted that idea, please add your vote.

@aalleexxlondon

castpi
10 Apr 2016, 16:36

Keyboard shortcuts please

@castpi

januar.ricky
18 Apr 2016, 05:27

keyboard shortcut already did the job .

@januar.ricky

harks68
21 Apr 2016, 16:36

Yes keyboard shortcuts please. Something like Ctrl key and press the number keys 1-9 to swich time frames quicker. These number keys 1-9 (even add in the 0 key) should be customisable to use your favorite time frames.

I agree with Alex as well, when looking at past data (previous candlestcks), and switching timeframes should not automatically move chart to newest Candlesticks when you was investigating previous or older candlesticks

@harks68

markstewie
26 May 2016, 23:49

A quicker way to navigate between timeframes is a MUST! For me, it's the most annoying cTrader feature and such an easy improvement.

@markstewie

ncboersema
14 Jun 2016, 23:06

Just let us link various time frame charts of the same symbol like in fxcm's trading station platform. You just open whatever time frames you want, link the charts, and then when you change the currency pair in one chart, all the other charts change to the same pair.
Simple. Easy. Done.

@ncboersema

jaredthirsk
24 Jun 2016, 11:26

Idea: 1 key - 1 minute, 2 - 5m, 3 - 10m, 4 - 15m, 5 - 30m, 6 - 1h, 7 - 3h, 8 - 4h, 9 - 1d, 0 - 1w. Shift+1: set all charts in workspace to 1 minute, Shift+2 set all to 5 min, etc. (And make it configurable in case people want 10 tick charts and 1 month charts instead, etc.)

This is laborious, needed non-stop (I have 22 symbols in my workspace so I don't have enough room to have multiple charts per symbol), and should be extremely easy to implement!

@jaredthirsk

a9mtr
06 Sep 2016, 14:21

And we should be able to switch TF on more than 1 chart at the time. I look at 19 pairs every day and it takes forever to change back and fourth between timeframes.

@a9mtr

JS15
28 Sep 2016, 12:48

Yeah and have a 'link charts' option so that multiple charts can change their time frame together if you are analyzing 2 or more markets at once. Pretty please!
I do overcome this by creating many different templates on the cloud work space which is a genius idea btw but would be better to be able to change multiple charts times in one go.
Thanks guys Love C-Trader

@JS15

tubbsmx
19 Jan 2017, 10:29

I use hourly, daily and 15min time frames a keyboard shortcut would be soooo much better

@tubbsmx

faizrazak
19 Apr 2017, 12:27

Please take some action spotware about ctrader timeframe, so many timeframe show is hard for us. just like Mt4 timeframe we be nice

@faizrazak

... Deleted by UFO ...

rx78chou
29 Sep 2017, 07:00

Yeah this is the missing feature I immediately notice

@rx78chou

bishbashbosh
24 Oct 2019, 12:49

Co-sign - the ability to change timeframe on all - or a subset of - charts in a workspace would be great.

The tag says "started" - is this coming in 3.7 also?

@bishbashbosh