API Help in Visual Studio

Created at 03 Jan 2016, 23:58
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

maarten.nolmans

Joined 11.12.2014

API Help in Visual Studio
03 Jan 2016, 23:58

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Intellisence should work fine in Visual Studio. Could you please send us a video showing your issue at troubleshooting@spotware.com or share a link with us?

Hi Spotware,

Thanks for the fast response!

The intellisence feature is working fine like you mention. What I meant was having access to the API reference.
In cAlgo IDE, at the right side you have the pane which gives access to the API reference information.

For example:
If you look up a method, you get a nice overview of where method information is mentioned into the reference.

In VS, if you want some additional information you can select the method and hit F1.
This will open the Microsoft Help Viewer but will report that "No content was found on your computer.". You will be able to make this info available if you have all necessary file, which in this case i don't have.

I also added an link to a forum post:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0253a6ab-a084-4f8c-b77e-d1450b1109e1/how-to-create-a-help-manifest-file-msha-file?forum=devdocs

Thanks in adcance.

cTrader Automate
@maarten.nolmans