Indicators to be plotted on the background, Not the foreground

Created at 10 Mar 2016, 03:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DO

donkeyjhj

Joined 12.03.2015

Indicators to be plotted on the background, Not the foreground
10 Mar 2016, 03:59

At present, all indicators, regardless of user's preference, are automatically set to be plotted on the foreground of charts, which means they are drawn over the candles sticks.

This in some senses blurs a clear picture of candle sticks structures, making it harder to discern patterns and structures through bare candle sticks themselves.

I prefer that indicators be plotted on the background of charts, or users be given a choice to decide on this at their service

cTrader
@donkeyjhj
Replies

Singleton
01 Mar 2017, 05:42 ( Updated at: 01 Mar 2017, 07:22 )

Let us plot indicators to the background of a chart or have a chart front of indicators.

Currently multiple moving averages, for example. clutter a chart, mkaing it diffcult to distinguish chart patterns

Users should have options to have a chart on foreground or modify the order of layers on which each indicator is plotted.

@Singleton

Singleton
02 Mar 2017, 05:07 ( Updated at: 02 Mar 2017, 09:25 )

Allow charts on foreground, above all indicators.
I have some indicators on charts which makes charts less clear and visible.

Or give options to arrange the order of layers of each study

@Singleton

... Deleted by UFO ...

tinker.this
13 Apr 2018, 20:26

I can,t believe this is not implemented yet !! years ago I looked into ctrader I found that it was not finished because of simple things like this. Now some years later the brought in all these useless features but the most simple mandatory thing users ask for the developers neglect. Shame on you developers listen to your user an at least give them an option were to put the objects on the chart. There are still so many simple things you CAN NOT do with ctrader it's almost pathetic. Wonder what excuse the developers have now for not listening, not developing.

@tinker.this