Add MarketSeries of Ask price, Market Depth timeSeries, and allow Backtestin with marketData.getSeries()

Created at 19 Apr 2016, 14:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

aimerdoux

Joined 07.06.2015

Add MarketSeries of Ask price, Market Depth timeSeries, and allow Backtestin with marketData.getSeries()
19 Apr 2016, 14:23

Hi dear Spotware team I want to politely suggest you the following three things

1. a TimeSeries as MarketSeries.Close But containing the Ask price due to is necessary to achieve better and accurate results in the the analysis.

2. Allow backtesting with MarketData.GetSeries() to be able to make multi symbol backtesting

3. add to the timeframes interface the Tick Timframes to be able to get series in such timeframes using MarketData.GetSeries(Symbol, Timeframe.Tick10(for Example))

4. Normally cbots developers requires the market depth to develope trading strategies what is not actuallly available historically so is not possible to do analysis over the past data

this considerations must be taken as suggestions to increase the amount of people trading and working on cAlgo plattform, please notice that is that if it's not possible to solve so I kindly ask you to allow us to have an answer at least.

thank you.

cTrader Automate
@aimerdoux
Replies

cidmeku01
05 Mar 2018, 23:43 ( Updated at: 05 Mar 2018, 23:44 )

Whats the latest on these Spotware? Mainly for me - I am at a standstill now given that MarketData.GetSeries doesnt work on backtesting, but it does when I run it normally... WHY? Ive seen comments from you (spotware) from 2013 saying you hope to have this feature implemented soon. Can you provide an update on this? Im most likely going to need to more to MT4 due to this issue... and from the sounds of it that was the fix for many others too.

@cidmeku01