CTrader should log back in itself when disconnected

Created at 12 Aug 2016, 06:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SO

sohail

Joined 12.08.2016

CTrader should log back in itself when disconnected
12 Aug 2016, 06:09

cTrader logs out when disconnected with Internet or any other server issue. It is dangerous if your cBot is running because as soon as it logs out no trades are handled and no new trades open. You have to sign back in manually when or if you see it.

Happen to me personally and lost opportunity to make some extra money. I run cTrader on a VPS trading using cBot and I have to check it several times a day to make sure it is signed in. No point running on VPS if it still needs your constant attention all the time.

In the event of disconnection it should reconnect itself as soon as the Internet or server connection is back on.

cTrader
@sohail
Replies

JC_demo
14 Aug 2016, 11:46

I notice sometimes it logs back in and sometimes it does not.
Can I SUGGEST a VERY LOUD ALERT when it logs out? Sometimes I flip back and I did not realize it had been logged out!

@JC_demo

YuriiZelinskyi
17 Aug 2016, 15:42

If You want cTrader to sign in back automatically and don't want to wait for platform software fix / update:

- Stop using cTID signin option. When You are logged out of your cTrader ID and signed in just using Trading Account Number and Password - the platform comes back to life by itself.
- I'm using cTrader on VPS as You do, and it always reconnect itself if you logged out of cTraderID.
- I don't know what behind this trick, but for me it resolved the problem.

@YuriiZelinskyi

vontogr(at)gmail.com
22 Nov 2016, 16:29

That would be great. Even better would be to fix CTID login so it WONT get disconeccted.
If you just reconnect calgo will be off

@vontogr(at)gmail.com