Secure the Close All button

Created at 14 Feb 2017, 10:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TH

thekingdomofchen

Joined 08.12.2016

Secure the Close All button
14 Feb 2017, 10:02

The Close All button is placed where it is very risky for accidentally clicking it.

Secure the Close All button with a password requirement.

cTrader Automate
@thekingdomofchen
Replies

flbrgz
19 Feb 2017, 10:40 ( Updated at: 19 Feb 2017, 10:42 )

I have in fact closed all by accident so please look into this!!!

@flbrgz

jensnig
20 Feb 2017, 17:14

I think an additional confirmation window would be sufficient.

@jensnig

thekingdomofchen
21 Feb 2017, 20:18

there are other people who have accidentally hit the Close Out button. This is very damaging. Even though turning it off on Quick Trade provides some protection, this possibility of an accidental Close All greatly limits the number of positions an account can hold. Once the number of position reaches a high level, the potential disastrous situation is always looming.

@thekingdomofchen

JC_demo
20 May 2017, 11:32

I think close all should be a double click to prevent accidentally closing. A password may take to long to enter.
However, I might suggest that close all should be limited to what is displayed, by this I mean, if you 1 pair filtered and click close all, it should close all that is filtered (displayed). This would be both useful and more intuitive in my opinion. I did accidentally close a position which I did not have on my filtered positions, completely forgetting about the other pair because it was doing well but realizing after I see the positions being closed...

@JC_demo