Better Reporting

Created at 05 Dec 2013, 11:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CO

cogs

Joined 02.10.2013

Better Reporting
05 Dec 2013, 11:01

I would like to see better reporting methods, charts analysis etc.

@cogs
Replies

Spotware
05 Dec 2013, 11:49

RE:

cogs said:

I would like to see better reporting methods, charts analysis etc.

Could you please provide some more details? Which reporting/analysis methods would you like?

@Spotware

jeex
05 Dec 2013, 12:38

Excel export on runtime

It's quite easy to mine data and export them to a CSV-file during runtime. That way you can get all the data available in cTrader. Then you order and interpret them in the best program there is on the market for jugling with numbers: Excel.

@jeex

cogs
06 Dec 2013, 11:29 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

I could stuff around with copying it across to excel and filling up my drive with files, but I would rather quick view instant reports created by the platform.

See images below of Forex Control Centre for just one example of how I analyse trades which would be good if you guys could adapt and integrate similar.

Note the extra tabs of further break down and analysis.

@cogs

Researcher
06 Dec 2013, 12:19 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

You can use algochart.com, but it's still under construction now. Btw, it also supports MT4 backtesting reports. You can also give any feedback to me.

@Researcher

Spotware
06 Dec 2013, 17:44

We will work on reporting/analysis tools.

@Spotware

bendyarm
03 Jan 2014, 17:26

RE:

Better in-program reporting would be much appreciated, as per posts above.

It would also be great to:

1. Run optimisations with multi-parameter ranges to allow for more meaningful analysis
  2. Following on from point 1, 3D Chart Analysis that allows comparative analysis of multiple runs of a given robot would be utterly invaluable
  3. Have programmatical access to 'Report' and 'History' summary data in Backtesting.  They could then be accessed by end users of cAlgo in the OnStop method to write the data to a local database (e.g. sql server, excel or whatever the end user prefers) for analysis.  I can currently write the data in real time to a db and work out the calculations myself, but it would be much faster and easier to get summary data at the END of a backtest rather than building it with each run of the OnBar/OnTick event

I'm aware the first two options would take time to program but I'm guessing point 3 might be very straightforward to develop?

@bendyarm

Spotware
03 Jan 2014, 17:55

Thank you for your feedback. We will provide backtesting optimization in the future.

@Spotware

Spotware
20 Oct 2014, 11:02

Optimization functionality is available:

http://help.spotware.com/calgo/cbots/optimization

@Spotware