Must have : Closing a portion of your trade!

Created at 04 Feb 2019, 10:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SA

sagar.amratlal

Joined 04.02.2019

Must have : Closing a portion of your trade!
04 Feb 2019, 10:35

Hi Guys,

I would like to be able to close a portion of my trade at will (whenever I like). Currently, in 'Advance Protection Settings' you allow users to set their TP 1,2,3 and 4. However, lets say I want to close 50% or my position at the current price - there is no functionality to allow this. Secondly, let's say I am in 30 pips profit and I would like to close 50% of my position in case price goes against me by 10 pips (so close 50% of my position if I am 20 pips in profit) - there is no functionality to allow for this either. In 'Advance Protection Settings' you can only set TP1,2,3 and 4 if the price goes in your favour, but not if you are already in profit and price goes AGAINST you. This is a critical functionality for a lot of traders and strategies. Please, can you look into this?

Many thanks,
Sagar

cTrader
@sagar.amratlal
Replies

Archer
03 Sep 2023, 20:10 ( Updated at: 23 Jan 2024, 13:15 )

Yes. I have to say I strongly agree with [@anonymous_882811243] that this is a must have. The ability to secure profits should definitely be an option with a good platform as cTrader.

Archer

@Archer