Sync Drawings Across Linked Charts & Lock Drawings

Created at 17 Feb 2019, 07:39
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JO

JohnDoeDoe

Joined 28.11.2018

Sync Drawings Across Linked Charts & Lock Drawings
17 Feb 2019, 07:39

Let's say I have two charts open, both on different time frames (one on 4hr and another on 1hr) and have them both linked by using the letter A assignment for both charts and the active symbol panel (thus linking all of these to any symbol I select). While we are at it; syncing the crosshair between linked charts is also preferable.

Why not use this method to also sync the drawings? Now we have to perform 2 of the same drawing actions (let's say drawing a horizontal line) on both of the charts we have open for the same symbol but each at different time intervals..

And to add to this: It also would be very preferable and convenient if we were able to lock drawn in items like lines, rectangles etc. to prevent from having them moved around.

cTrader
@JohnDoeDoe
Replies

JohnDoeDoe
12 Oct 2019, 14:57

Please.. a much needed workflow improvement for us multi charters (on cTrader Web here).

@JohnDoeDoe

tim.saenen
25 Sep 2020, 01:32

RE:

GlenHendriks said:

Please.. a much needed workflow improvement for us multi charters (on cTrader Web here).

https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/2063

Try this man - so happy i found this

marvindaff
08 Oct 2020, 05:24

RE: UserVoice

GlenHendriks said:

Let's say I have two charts open, both on different time frames (one on 4hr and another on 1hr) and have them both linked by using the letter A assignment for both charts and the active symbol panel (thus linking all of these to any symbol I select). While we are at it; syncing the crosshair between linked charts is also preferable.

Why not use this method to also sync the drawings? Now we have to perform 2 of the same drawing actions (let's say drawing a horizontal line) on both of the charts we have open for the same symbol but each at different time intervals..

And to add to this: It also would be very preferable and convenient if we were able to lock drawn in items like lines, rectangles etc. to prevent from having them moved around.

Please like, comment on this as well. Thanks! 

I think we all wanted the same thing

@marvindaff

jumel.donatien
23 Mar 2024, 08:01

I totally agree with this! When 2 graphs are linked, the drawings must be found at the same time on these 2 graphs.
And I will also say that the entire drawing system needs to be reviewed, add predefined personalized drawings like in prorealtime, add the Z-index to be able to draw behind the candles, add drawings of arrows, triangles, points, squares, etc.
Thank you, and I'm sure the developers of this excellent platform will do the right thing!

@jumel.donatien