Improved ChartObjects.DrawText

Created at 22 Oct 2013, 22:47
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

kricka

Joined 13.03.2013

Improved ChartObjects.DrawText
22 Oct 2013, 22:47

Hi,

I read somewhere on the forum that an overhaul of the API is in its works.

I hope an improved ChartObjects.DrawText is on the drawing board.

Two major improvements needs to be done.

1. To be able to choose a point size on printed text.

2. The ability to place the printed text with X,Y coordinates on the screen.

Thanks..

@kricka
Replies

Spotware
23 Oct 2013, 12:31

Thank you for your suggestions. The two recommendations are already included in our plans.

@Spotware

kricka
03 Nov 2013, 21:22

Hi,

I'm adding a #3 on my wishlist.

Sometimes the draw text is in a place where the currency graph is on top of the text and makes it hard to read the draw text.

I would like to have an option to place the draw text in front or at the back, or top or bottom if that is a better expression. If I'll choose Top for example, it will place the draw text on top of the currency graph or any indicator.

Thanks..

@kricka

Spotware
04 Nov 2013, 17:37

Right now text is drawn on top of trend bars. Is it correct that sometimes you want to draw text behind trend bars?

@Spotware

kricka
04 Nov 2013, 21:01

RE:

Spotware said:

Right now text is drawn on top of trend bars. Is it correct that sometimes you want to draw text behind trend bars?

No, the draw text should be on top, at some times I've noticed that the bars do place them self on top over the draw text. Maybe it has to do with not enough ram memory at the time. I will check more into it if it occurs again. Would like an option though to have the draw text in a box with changeable backgrounds so the text can come forward separated from the main background color on the chart. 

@kricka

daemon
05 Nov 2013, 10:09

RE: RE:

kricka said:

Spotware said:

No, the draw text should be on top, at some times I've noticed that the bars do place them self on top over the draw text. Maybe it has to do with not enough ram memory at the time. I will check more into it if it occurs again. Would like an option though to have the draw text in a box with changeable backgrounds so the text can come forward separated from the main background color on the chart. 

Textboxes would be nice.

@daemon

Spotware
07 Nov 2013, 17:22

This feature is in our plans to implement. 

@Spotware