Link Chart Drawings to Chart Pair

Created at 14 Apr 2019, 10:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IU

iulianalinchiru

Joined 28.03.2017

Link Chart Drawings to Chart Pair
14 Apr 2019, 10:13

Hi Panagiotis,

I think it would be a great ideea if you would be able to link chart drawings (those 7 categories from lines to text) to chart pair, the one that it was drawn on. ONLY the drawings, and NOT the indicators.

Let me be more specific: I open the GBPUSD D1 chart and draw a trendline or a fibonacci or anything on the chart. Then I switch the chart to USDCAD pair and my drawing is still there. Linked to nothing, just killing my attention and heating my brains :)))))

It should disapear from USDCAD and be back on the chart if I ever come back to GBPUSD.

I don't find the current way as normal, as I don't want to open 32 charts to trade 32 pairs. One chart with 2 MA's is enough, the rest (drawings) I will add it up as I change the pair.

The same way does the tradingview work.

Thanks for your reply!

Iulian

@iulianalinchiru
Replies

iulianalinchiru
19 Apr 2019, 11:30

Not a single idea on the subject? :(

@iulianalinchiru

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Apr 2019, 16:41

Hi iulianalinchiru,

Our product teams are reading the suggestions often and evaluate them accordingly. If we decide to add this feature we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ljkenny
06 Apr 2020, 11:32

Just been Googling to find the answer to this myself.

Not sure why it would work any differently to how the OP has suggested.

Why would any drawings created on one pair's chart be relevant on another?

Surely drawings should be affiliated with a particular pair and not the chart window.

In its current guise, how would one save drawn support and resistance levels for all relevant pairs?

@ljkenny

... Deleted by UFO ...

RabbitHoleTrader
23 May 2020, 10:34

RE:

ljkenny said:

Just been Googling to find the answer to this myself.

Not sure why it would work any differently to how the OP has suggested.

Why would any drawings created on one pair's chart be relevant on another?

Surely drawings should be affiliated with a particular pair and not the chart window.

In its current guise, how would one save drawn support and resistance levels for all relevant pairs?

agree 100% 
there should be a toggle to switch on and of for particular object, I find it useful only when I market intraday session (London open NY open) but for everything else I don't understand it, because fib or SnR level on GBPUSD has nothing to do with AUDNZD for example 

I think problem is: you se chart on board and when you draw on chart you draw on board when you switch the pair board stays the same with all your drawings only the pair and price scale changes 

If you would open 2 chart tabs, and link them to gather in group, the drawings will not be synced because are 2 different boards even if it is the same pair, there e should be sync toggle  because I would like to have 2 chart tabs that are synced so lets say GBPUSD 5 min and daily or 1H , but having the drawings apply to all pairs on one tab doesn't make sense 

@RabbitHoleTrader