This is why we traders love using MT4 and other platforms more than Ctrader

Created at 23 Mar 2019, 12:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SK

Skypips

Joined 12.02.2019

This is why we traders love using MT4 and other platforms more than Ctrader
23 Mar 2019, 12:21

Hi guys, first this is not biased feedback. I do like Ctrader as it feels new. But hope that you take this feedback seriously.

Ctrader UI Suggestions:

1. Needs a LOCK button for objects, when there are multiple objects at the same spot Ctrader only selects the front object. Unlock by right click

2. UI windows disappear by itself when you hover outside the menu, this is very annoying!

3. Allow CTRL + Z for drawing redo.. it is so annoying that everything snaps away by mistake sometimes 

4. COLORS.... each object must have its own color memory. Not a global color for all. Even when changing colors for each object they tend to apply the same color for some other objects. Or just allow 2 custom user defined colors pallets for each object.

5. Shortcuts... please allow tooltips for all drawing options and show what is the keyboard binding shortcut. And allow users to define their own shortcuts. We need to be fast, dealing with Ctrader UX is very slowing us down.

That's it for now. Ctrader should be the future of platforms, but with above it makes it harder for classic users like us.

@Skypips
Replies

damian8
24 Mar 2019, 03:32

These are valid chartist-user suggestions. I have noticed all of them as shortcomings. We all know that "robots" are the future of commission generation for vendors, that's cool, but please don't forget screen traders. UI for classic chart-traders is so important. And that from a guy who was coding robots to trade D and W bars back in 1997.

#5 - please, hotkeys for drawing tools. And a setting to keep a drawing tool active. Drawing 5 lines means re-clicking the line button after each line is drawn, unless there is function that I am missing?

@damian8

Skypips
25 Mar 2019, 00:46

Absolutely! Haven’t even mentioned the difficulty of using the mobile app.

Any sudden move with fingers can move the drawing lines out of their place. Instead, best to have a pivot point where by selecting it then the line can move. Or by double clicking on lines then able to edit them or move them freely. Right now it’s just not gonna work. 

I will have to switch back to MT4

@Skypips