Lock price scale

Created at 06 Mar 2019, 12:41
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

damian8

Joined 26.11.2018

Lock price scale
06 Mar 2019, 12:41

No one likes Trading View, but they have good price scale locking options. Please consider something similar. Respectfully.

The problem with cTrader Desktop is that:

1. the price scale resets to show all objects, for example, user horizontal trendlines or Pivots/Sup/Res from indicators far above and below price. This flattens price action to a thin line within a huge scale.

2. The scale resets as a result of numerous normal user chart manipulation actions in the middle of a trading session. 

3. The scale then has to be re-set. To do so you need to first click-drag the chart background to "release" the price scale, then click-drag the price scale to re-scale in manually.

It is a slow and repeated interface hassle throughout a trading session. Please remember some of us are still old-style screen-time hands-on chart day traders :)

I persist in making suggestions for your platform because cTrader is the multi-broker platform future. MT4/5 is not. NT is not. We are hoping for great things in 3-5 years time.

Examples of VERY common user actions which cause the price scale to resize and show all objects on screen, thus squashing price action to a thin band:

1. scrolling chart with mouse wheel
  2. opening trade monitor window at the bottom of the screen
  3. zooming the chart
  4. changing time frame/ticks/pips of the bars

I'll bet there are more.

@damian8
Replies

damian8
11 Mar 2019, 08:10

Seems this might have been caused by a 3rd party Pivot level indicator.

Would still be very nice if we could lock the price scale so that a workspace always opens with the same scale.

@damian8

Capt.Z-Partner
15 Sep 2020, 21:12

Yes, totally support damian8's idea.  I would like to see price scale locking function in cTrader as well.

@Capt.Z-Partner

elite12968
07 Apr 2024, 14:02 ( Updated at: 08 Apr 2024, 05:23 )

RE: Lock price scale

Capt.Z-Partner said: 

Yes, totally support damian8's idea.  I would like to see price scale locking function in cTrader as well.

It is 4 years later now 2024, is this lock price scale feature implemented? How to lock? Because the screen is scrolling all over the place very unfriendly, any clue how to lock?

@elite12968