Local History Resource for PC Platform - Please Please!

Created at 03 Jan 2019, 05:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CO

conwayship

Joined 28.11.2018

Local History Resource for PC Platform - Please Please!
03 Jan 2019, 05:36

Hi,

Can you please, please implement 'local history' storage for non web platform charts?

There are many problems being created by not having and using this simple process of setting aside some local storage.

You have a platform system which allows only one chart, in one time frame being loaded in an instance, anyone using 'cross timeframe' systems, indicators and bots are completely left out!

In my situation I need to have MT4 open accurate data and trading.

@conwayship
Replies

conwayship
03 Jan 2019, 08:28

I need to add, this request is for simply functional trading and viewing charts when using the 'downloaded platform' version, and not for back testing, although this ability would greatly assist back testing as well.

@conwayship

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jan 2019, 09:50

Hi cogstrader,

Thank you for your suggestion but I am not sure what is the problem you are trying to solve? Can you provide an example?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

conwayship
03 Jan 2019, 10:09 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Hi Panagiotis,

This would be one https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-support/14717

It is obvious there is no history data stored locally for any time frame to generate the charts. Each time a user opens the platform, the platform needs to connect with the brokers VPS where data is then downloaded (every new login). This system causes massive delays in chart generating.

I get this often (below)

And this every time I change time frame

And the fact it takes so long to generate charts on startup.

Cannot back test on weekends and after hrs.

Cannot reference alternate time frames from loaded time frame, as the data has not been downloaded since new login (startup).

@conwayship