Stop other robots in cAlgo

Created at 02 Sep 2013, 21:46
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

kricka

Joined 13.03.2013

Stop other robots in cAlgo
02 Sep 2013, 21:46

Hi,

Would like the feature to be able to stop other robots from a main robot. The purpose of doing this is strictly to have control over other robots not placing new positions and orders when certain criteria is met. 

Thanks..

@kricka
Replies

cAlgo_Fanatic
03 Sep 2013, 11:03

RE:

kricka said:

Hi,

Would like the feature to be able to stop other robots from a main robot. The purpose of doing this is strictly to have control over other robots not placing new positions and orders when certain criteria is met. 

Thanks..

Thank you for the suggestion. We are aware of the necessity of this feature and it is in our plans for future implementation.  

@cAlgo_Fanatic

kricka
09 Feb 2014, 05:22

Hi,

how far in the future is this before it's implemented in cAlgo?

A time span would be nice to get. 1 month or more?

Thanks..

@kricka

Spotware
10 Feb 2014, 10:34

We have this feature in our long term roadmap. We cannot provide an estimate at the moment.

Please vote for your favorite features: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/category/76800-calgo

@Spotware

TraderM
16 Nov 2015, 14:39

RE:

Hi,

I would like to have a single robot that turns off all other robots, for example if the account balance goes under a certain level.

I would prefer a single robot because:

- no code redundancy, functionality is centralised and only has to run in one instance

- parameters only have to be set once, which is less prone to user error

- I could attach this single robot to a faster time frame (OnTick or 5M OnBar) rather than to the one which my robots currently use (Hourly OnBar). (If I have to code this in all my instances OnTick, then this would seriously increase required resources and impact performance.

I found this old thread...I guess this hasn't been implemented, has it? Or is there an alternative solution?

Thanks!

MTrader 

@TraderM

kricka
17 Nov 2015, 04:08

There is a solution

TraderM, 

this is something I have been posted about several times on the forums. Very important if one cBot wants to control other cBots. This is especially of concern if the main robot is a RMM robot that handles the risk & money management overall. There is a solution that is working fine and that is the Scyware.com RobotLink. Some coding needs to be inserted in the main cBot and in the other cBots as well, but fairly easy to accomplish. I agree however that the best would be if it is a function that is included in cAlgo itself for us to use.

@kricka