Total overhaul of trend lines

Created at 11 Dec 2018, 00:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

damian8

Joined 26.11.2018

Total overhaul of trend lines
11 Dec 2018, 00:13

Serious usability issuses:

1. trend line tool doesn't have an option to remain active after I draw a line. I need to move my curser all the way back to the tool bar to turn it on every time I draw a line. Imagine drawing lines on separate displays, one after the other. Very inefficient. Which leads to...
  2. trend lines do not sync bentween same symbols within a workspace. So a trend line drawn on a 60minute chart does not automatically appear on the 15 minute. That means I potentially draw everything twice. Sync should be an option for same symbols within a work space. Which leads to...
  3. even though trend lines on charts do not sync between symbols within the same workspace... wait for this... they DO SYNC between different symbols when drawn on indicators below the chart if I load a new symbol onto my workspace. Probably the least useful and most messy trend line 'feature' I could imagine. Which leads to...
  4. trend lines should not appear in the indicator objects list. After a day of day trading I can have MANY trend lines in that list, particularly given point #3. I am forced to clear that list one item at a time from a small pop-up menu. It takes far too long, and..... it causes accidental deletion of permanent indicators from the chart. And... since workspaces auto-save, I can't just reload my workspace to get my indicator back. And since since indicator order is fixed, I need to delete all indicators on that chart if I want to get them back in the same order.

A serious trading platform should not have issues like this. The soon to be extinct kid-crypto-algo traders may not care, but long term pro day traders do care.

@damian8
Replies

TonNcie
21 Nov 2019, 10:44

also copy line with ctrl-c and ctrl-v would be nice

also copy line with ctrl-c and ctrl-v would be nice

@TonNcie

robert.vanderlaan
21 Nov 2019, 23:23

Second all of the above :)

PLUS a rectangle tool that has a fill -  or options in the current rectangle tool to have a fill,
not just outlines (strange the outlines only is even the default, as you're much more likely to use
a filled up shape - of any kind - than just the outlines).

PLUS a freehand drawing tool (or am I missing something, I couldn't find it!...)

PLUS yes, they should either automatically
show up on every timeframe, or have a manual sync option.

PLUS, in general I think the chart navigation and the drawing tools need to be updated to more '2.0'
style, functionality and design, instead of 90's style and navigation.
- Sometimes you can't even know which indicator is which, as their names are cut off in the indicator list
- The whole  right-click sub-sub-sub-menu structure of customizing a chart or the interface colors,
is very 90's and clumsy. You accidentally move your mouse 1 moment away from the sub-sub-sub-menu item
and you have to start over again and find the sub-menu and its sub-menu etc and the settings etc etc

cTrader is a great tool but I think it needs to pay better attention to UI/UX design of today,
including charting and menu design like on TradingView.

But also beyond charting, look at other sites that show positions in red/green (not the whole line of text and info
of the position, but usually the description 'buy' or 'sell' of your open or pending positions are in red/green)
based on whether it's a call or put positions - so you can glance and instantly know - or an option to
display the ticker in red when price goes down (or a custom color) and green when up.

@robert.vanderlaan