Integration & Support of cTrader & cAlgo with IFTTT for Custom Alerts

Created at 15 Aug 2013, 10:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CU

currencye

Joined 15.08.2013

Integration & Support of cTrader & cAlgo with IFTTT for Custom Alerts
15 Aug 2013, 10:23

Web is expanding and we can't ignore how its changing our life. Everybody is using the Social Media for staying alert, up-to date with friends, family and topics of interest.

cTrader & cAlgo are the best forex trading platforms and no doubt is setting new benchmark for the Forex Market. Although cTrader has email alert feature but still its not as comprehensive as any other alert systems.

I hate re-inventing the wheel. Therefore my suggestion is to have Direct integration of cTrader & cAlgo with IFTTT. (www.ifttt.com)

With IFTTT, users can create custom alerts with 100s of pre-built recipes. For example:

1. Automatic Alert with create a Auto-Tweet on Twitter
  2. Automatic alert will post an update on Facebook timeline 
  3. Automatic alert will create a Push alert on iPhone or Android
  4. Automatic alert will send an SMS (Yes SMS) to mobile users. Best for Non-Smart phone users & Signal providers to send automatic alerts to theirs customers.
  5. cTrader will create a screenshot if certain conditions are met and send a screenshot of the chart to Blogger, Evernote, Email etc
  6. Change the color of your room depending upon your Trade or account going Positive or Negative. (Imagine you are in a kitchen away from your computer and the color of the bulb changes to alert you. So that you don't have to sit in front of your computer all the time) To use this feature you need a "Philips Hue Bulb".
  7. Users can share calendar & important trading events and get notified with calendar integration.
  8. With Motion Detector & with cTrader i can program to turn off few monitors if the user is not on this desk "To save power" or "Alert another user/friend/trader to watch the market while the user is away". To user this feature you need "Belkin Wemo" motion detector.

Possibilities are endless..

I believe cTrader & cAlgo platforms are lacking a Social Touch and IFTTT can provide that missing social element. It will not take long before this will go viral and creates a "Snowball Effect". Being a Tech enthusiast and Social Media geek i believe that the "World of Online Trading" will welcome this marriage of "Online Trading and Social Media Marketing & Alerting Integration.

Not to mention IFTTT is users by thousand n thousands of users and has already got hundreds of pre-designed receipes for Traders to use.

What do you think guys? Please leave your comments or opinion below and if you like the idea then create the BUZZ....

Happy Trading... :-)

@currencye
Replies

Spotware
10 Jan 2014, 11:55

Thank you for the suggestion, it is definitely a good idea. We will take it into consideration.

@Spotware

Hyperloop
19 Jan 2014, 21:53

currencye, everything you are requesting can already be done, there's no need for it to be built in. Simply find the API library for what you need, reference it and use it in your code. I've already done 1, 3, 4 and 5. 

6 and 8 just seem like overkill.

@Hyperloop