Export Optimisation Results

Created at 28 Jan 2018, 08:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

stuart

Joined 24.01.2018

Export Optimisation Results
28 Jan 2018, 08:35

i would love to expert the optimisation results including the inputs as a csv file for furhter work in excel.

this sonds like a simple feature that would take out a huge amount of slow manual work.

Stuart

@stuart
Replies

phill.beaney
19 Feb 2020, 15:51

Saving optimisation results

I don't understand why more people aren't requesting this, unless there is a way to save the data from a temp file that everyone except me is ware of.

Any Ideas welcome.

@phill.beaney

SwXavi
20 Feb 2020, 02:41

RE: Saving optimisation results

phill.beaney said:

I don't understand why more people aren't requesting this, unless there is a way to save the data from a temp file that everyone except me is ware of.

Any Ideas welcome.

I really like this to be implemented in order to do proper research, currently backtests and optimizations cannot be shared or exported, the only option is to do screenshots, which is awful.

@SwXavi

victor.major
23 Feb 2020, 07:23

RE: RE: Saving optimisation results

SwXavi said:

phill.beaney said:

Any Ideas welcome.

I really like this to be implemented in order to do proper research, currently backtests and optimizations cannot be shared or exported, the only option is to do screenshots, which is awful.

Seconded and thirded +1... I now see that I was not mistaken and that there is in fact no way to export/save/restore optimisation data. I find this so unusual that I am still not convinced that I am not missing something. I am not aware of any other modeling or simulation software that does not save the simulation results, ie. I am not comparing cTrader to MetaTrader. There is a basic expectation that if you spend one day on generating simulation results that you will be able to work with them after the fact, or that they will be saved somewhere in case there is a software problem or a crash - which is what happened to me just then.

@victor.major

Shares4UsDevelopment
25 Feb 2020, 12:53

RE: RE: RE: Saving optimisation results

victor.major said:

SwXavi said:

phill.beaney said:

Any Ideas welcome.

Seconded and thirded +1... I now see that I was not mistaken and that there is in fact no way to export/save/restore optimisation data. I find this so unusual that I am still not convinced that I am not missing something. I am not aware of any other modeling or simulation software that does not save the simulation results, ie. I am not comparing cTrader to MetaTrader. There is a basic expectation that if you spend one day on generating simulation results that you will be able to work with them after the fact, or that they will be saved somewhere in case there is a software problem or a crash - which is what happened to me just then.

Just write your own GetFitness function and dump the results in a csv or tsv or whatever file you want.

@Shares4UsDevelopment

ergun
22 May 2020, 02:21

That shall be very nice

Please make this feature, pretty please :)

@ergun

victor.major
10 Dec 2020, 07:03

Yes please

This should be made possible.

@victor.major

evgrinaus
24 Dec 2020, 07:43

Totally support the idea

This would be a valuable idea to assist in perfecting a bot or strategy. I totally support the idea.

@evgrinaus

kevincordes
29 Dec 2020, 22:28

We need to export CSV files of optimization data

This data would be so useful. Please add this function to your platform. 

@kevincordes

protraderde
03 Jan 2021, 19:59

A must feature

So with the exports we can apply extra filters in excel easily and compare multiple optimisations. Does anyone has any info if this is added in to do list of ctrader development roadmap?

All the best

@protraderde

roul.charts
08 Mar 2024, 20:41 ( Updated at: 09 Mar 2024, 07:12 )

Is there any update?

It's a pain to manually export the best paramerte, run them in the backtester - export the HTML report. 

And if the PC crashes you have to re run that specific optimizer again and again. 

Please add an function to save an .optres file like described on your own help page:
https://help.ctrader.com/ctrader-automate/backtesting-and-optimizing-cbots/#saving-and-loading-optimisation-results

@roul.charts

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Mar 2024, 08:18

RE: Export Optimisation Results

roul.charts said: 

Is there any update?

It's a pain to manually export the best paramerte, run them in the backtester - export the HTML report. 

And if the PC crashes you have to re run that specific optimizer again and again. 

Please add an function to save an .optres file like described on your own help page:
https://help.ctrader.com/ctrader-automate/backtesting-and-optimizing-cbots/#saving-and-loading-optimisation-results

Hi there,

This functionality will be added in the next major update of cTrader Desktop.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous