Centre Deal Info Window On Single Screen

Created at 11 Nov 2016, 16:47
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

cTKit

Joined 15.09.2016

Centre Deal Info Window On Single Screen
11 Nov 2016, 16:47

Can we please have the Deal Info window centred on a specific screen not across multiple screens.

I have cTrader running on the built in screen of my MacBook Pro while I work on an Apple Thunderbolt Screen with a much higher resolution.

When I open the Deal Info window it is centred across both screens and for some reason the title bar is off screen so can't use a mouse to drag it to a sensible place.

Fortunately I know how to use Alt+Space to get the Window menu and access to the Move option , which lets me move the window with the keyboard, but it is a regular source of irritation.

@cTKit
Replies

kricka
12 Nov 2016, 18:47

Multiple monitors

Try out the Market Order 2-3.0 cBot. Detach the screen in cTrader and place it on the monitor of choice. Save the workspace and it should be positioned right the next time you start cTrader when loading the workspace. 

Free to download and use on demos and live accounts.  

Market Order 2.0 information and download link

@kricka

cTKit
13 Nov 2016, 15:19

Thanks but I am not interested in using a third party tool to do something I can and should be able to do in the app.  I run a software development team and if one of my developers pushed code that did this they would be in serious trouble, like wise the members of the QA team that didn't find and report it.  In my opinion this is a bug, and I find it laughable that after reporting it to SpotWare I am told I have to post a request to fix it here as a "Suggestion" and let people vote on it.

As I mentioned, I am aware of how to move the window with key strokes so it is a minor irritation, but I am certain there will be people less aware of how to do things without a mouse that will find it much more difficult to use.

@cTKit

Spotware
21 Nov 2016, 16:51

Hello,

Thank you for raising this once again. We appreciate this is an inconvenience. Unusual things can happen when users are opperting multiple screen setups if those monitors have different characteristics. Unfortunately we can not test cTrader on every combination of screens before we release which is why it is very important for us to get your feedback on such events. Thank you for that. 

Our QA will investigate and we will come back to this thread if more details are required. 

Thanks,

cTrader Team

@Spotware