shifted moving average

Created at 24 May 2013, 13:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RE

remz

Joined 25.04.2013

shifted moving average
24 May 2013, 13:31

Dear Support,

I have seen, that there is some C algo reference for a shifted moving average, but I can't program. Will there be a built-in moving average with shifting options? Thank you.

Remz

@remz
Replies

cAlgo_Fanatic
24 May 2013, 14:21

Yes, there will be in the future.

The program is ready and you don't need to do any programming just download and build it in cAlgo.

Moving Average with Shift

To add a downloaded indicator to your cTrader platform, follow the steps below:

1. Download or move the Indicator to My Documents > cAlgo > Sources > Indicators.
  2. Open the cAlgo platform. If you don't already have it, you can download cAlgo from your broker's website (or download here if you're just using the demo from Spotware.com)
  3. Click on the Indicators tab from the Robots/Indicators menu on the left.
  4. Find the Indicator you want to use.
  5. Click the Build icon Build. If the build is successful, the icon appearance will change to Successful build

The Indicator will now be available in your cTrader platform.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

remz
24 May 2013, 15:30

RE:
cAlgo_Fanatic said:

Yes, there will be in the future.

The program is ready and you don't need to do any programming just download and build it in cAlgo.

Moving Average with Shift

To add a downloaded indicator to your cTrader platform, follow the steps below:

1. Download or move the Indicator to My Documents > cAlgo > Sources > Indicators.
  2. Open the cAlgo platform. If you don't already have it, you can download cAlgo from your broker's website (or download here if you're just using the demo from Spotware.com)
  3. Click on the Indicators tab from the Robots/Indicators menu on the left.
  4. Find the Indicator you want to use.
  5. Click the Build icon Build. If the build is successful, the icon appearance will change to Successful build

The Indicator will now be available in your cTrader platform.

Sorry, I didn't notice that. Thank you!

@remz

Timmi
16 Nov 2015, 08:37

RE:

I checked it out, and it is incomplete. 

on MT you can specify if you want it based on Median price ((H+L)/2), but I do not see that option in this one. 

I only see H, L, O, C... and based on all the other things I have loaded, but no HL/2.  ditto for HLC/3 and HLCC/4

this is so basic that I don't know how you guys miss these things    :(

and btw, it's the end of 2015, a year later, and it is still not available by default like you said it would, as I've had to download it. 

@Timmi

Spotware
16 Nov 2015, 09:53

Dear Trader,

You could specify the Source of the Shifted Moving Average Indicator to be Median programmatically. The following code snippet illustrates it:

protected override void Initialize()
        {
            _movingAverage = Indicators.MovingAverage(MarketSeries.Median, Period, MAType);
        }

@Spotware