distance from a limnit order

Created at 13 Mar 2016, 12:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RE

Renda

Joined 13.03.2016

distance from a limnit order
13 Mar 2016, 12:21

Hi,

i am programming simple market analyzer. I need to measure the distance from active limit order to the current price. I need to know if the price is close to the limit order and will make the reaction without filling me. How can i please get the pip distance or the price of active limit orders?

Thank you

@Renda
Replies

Spotware
24 Mar 2016, 16:35

Dear Trader,

There is a general formula to covert price difference to pips.  

pips = priceDif / Symbol.PipSize

@Spotware

Renda
08 Apr 2016, 16:50

RE:

Thanks, but what i need is when i have active limit order and i need to assign its price to my variable. I want to meassure distance from current price to a active limit order. I can do it for buy or sell order but not for a limit order, i did not found any help in any source code (indi/cbot)

Can anyone help please?

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

There is a general formula to covert price difference to pips.  

pips = priceDif / Symbol.PipSize

@Renda

Spotware
18 Apr 2016, 17:28

Dear Trader,

When you create a limit order you have to specify a price. Why don't you assign the desired price to a variable and the use this variable to pass the price to the limit order and after use it for your calculations.

In addition, please have a look at the following code snippet: 

PlaceLimitOrder(TradeType.Buy, Symbol, 10000, Symbol.Bid);
            PendingOrder order = LastResult.PendingOrder;
            Print("The pending order's target price is: {0}", order.TargetPrice);

We hope this helps you.

@Spotware