value return from indicator .last(1) . last(0) on nest value is not the same

Created at 06 Mar 2016, 03:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CE

cedric.boudreau

Joined 02.03.2016

value return from indicator .last(1) . last(0) on nest value is not the same
06 Mar 2016, 03:36

Hy i needs some help to understand how that work.  in my robot i get information of in bar data of :

Print("getbackcheckbuy{0} , {1} ", STOCHMICB.Result.Last(1), STOCHMICB.Result.Last(0));

for example : real data is    at  9:00 oclok  25.00    

9:30 oclok  30.00   

10:00 oclok  40.00   

but the information i got from the print is :   at  9:00 =   8:30 value()   , 24.56 

at  9:30 =  25.00   , 30.25 

at  9:30 = 30.00   , 40.5 

Why is not the same value from the last(0)  , last (1)  for the nest value

@cedric.boudreau
Replies

cyfer
06 Mar 2016, 05:02

With such little code , it's impossible to tell 

However , You should be aware that Last(0) represents the Current Bar , I.e .. It didn't finish yet .. so with each tick you'll have different values 

the only value you can count on before the bar closes is the Open Value .. the other 3 values may change completely in 1 tick .

@cyfer

Waxy
06 Mar 2016, 05:03

Last 0 is for the current value at the first moment of calculation of the bar.
Last 1 is for the value on the previous bar at its end.

@Waxy

cedric.boudreau
06 Mar 2016, 18:15

tanks , that will , help me.

It is hard to double check, because the indicator show a cross in graph , but in robot, i use last(0)  so the trigger value are différent 

If i use  :

STOCHMICB.Result.Last(2), STOCHMICB.Result.Last(1));

THe trigger will be very late , how to manage that, to be in same time frame ,

with the open value  will be good , how to get it / i need to creta a indicator using open value

@cedric.boudreau

cyfer
07 Mar 2016, 00:03

A Cross is only considered a Cross after the Bar Closes not before 

A Cross can happen before the candle closes and then retreats and becomes a Touch not a Cross .

You can't count on a momentary Cross .. You'll get too many false signals 

make your Calculations in OnBar() method , So it will happen on the beginning of each new bar , and yes you should test Bar(2)&Bar(1)

Bar(0) Doesn't exist till it Closes

Even if your indicator is working on 1M TimeFrame & your Bot is working on 5M or higher , you'll still test Bar(2)&Bar(1) but then you should put the calculations

in OnTick() method

@cyfer