Accessing position information from an indicator

Created at 23 Apr 2013, 02:22
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lec0456

Joined 14.11.2012

Accessing position information from an indicator
23 Apr 2013, 02:22

is there any way to access the position object from within an indicator?  I would like to create signals based on the entryprice ad tradetype of a position.

@lec0456
Replies

cAlgo_Fanatic
23 Apr 2013, 15:09

For the time being you cannot access the Account Interface so it would not be possible to access any position of the account but there are plans to implement this.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

lec0456
23 Apr 2013, 19:20

I thought it would be nice to create a indicator that would beep when the price rose or fell 10pips from the entry of a position.  I could do it with a robot but there is no way to run robots from cTrader.  Since i would use this only when manually trading, I would prefer to include it within an indicator that I have for notifying market activity.  I guess another way would be to make robots available for running from cTrader.  What do you think about that possibility?  That makes sence also for things like trailing stops.  If you decide to put one in while manually trading you have to go to cAlgo.  The change between screens could take up valuable time.  If you could select a robot to run from cTrader, you could have your trailing stops available from that interface.  I think it would be an improvement.

@lec0456

cAlgo_Fanatic
24 Apr 2013, 09:30

We are already considering or working on all of your suggestions. Thank you for your input.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

Spotware
11 Nov 2013, 15:04

The ability to access Account object and its positions from indicators is implemented. Please check new release of Spotware cAlgo (1.12).

@Spotware

lec0456
11 Nov 2013, 22:20

sounds great!

@lec0456