Is it possible to code an indicator like this?

Created at 23 Nov 2015, 23:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PI

Pioraicapital

Joined 05.09.2015

Is it possible to code an indicator like this?
23 Nov 2015, 23:13

That takes in 3 parameters, number of weeks analysed, stop loss pips, take profit pips and calculate the winning percentages (long & short) of the currenct price of such currency pair.

For example
I will attach such indicator on EURUSD and it will display for example at 1.10 (market price) the winning percentage of long & short using stop loss 25 pips and take profit 50 pips analysed using 52 weeks of 1 hour data. (display the winning percentage and the occurance frequence for example 3/6 win = 50%)

It doesn't need to calculate on the go, as I imagine it will be resource intensive. I prefer it to calculate in the above example  prior 52 weeks of 1 hours data and store it in a file somewhere to use to display such percentages with the live price. And such file I'd imagine would be readable in excel and can be analysed further.

Thank you

@Pioraicapital
Replies

ClickAlgo
24 Nov 2015, 21:56

Hi,

What would be the time for each calculation, 1 per hour? every tick? what is your entry point. You may as well create a cBot that trades with the parameters you gave and back-test it with cAlgo to display the results which will give you all the calculations you need.

If I do not understand your question, maybe you can explain in more detail.

Paul

@ClickAlgo

ClickAlgo
24 Nov 2015, 21:59

Do you mean you set a price and over a 52 week period how many trades with the parameters you gave were successfull?

@ClickAlgo