Accessing chart objects

Created at 30 Sep 2015, 16:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MO

mooandpig@gmail.com

Joined 30.09.2015

Accessing chart objects
30 Sep 2015, 16:32

Hi Guys,

just sinking my teeth into the platform and loving it!

I haven't been able to find answers to a few questions, wondering if you guys can help

First - is it posisble to get a reference to existing objects drawn on the chart from an indicator. for example - if a user adds my indicator, but also draws say... a horizontal line - can i achieve a reference to the horizontal line?

Second - is it possible to develop new line studies, or enhance the way existing ones work, such as an override to their behaviour? I like to draw support bands, and wanted to work on being able to draw lines in that sort of fashion, rather than a single line.

Many thanks!

@mooandpig@gmail.com
Replies

Spotware
30 Sep 2015, 18:23

Dear Trader,

Currently there is no way to access chart objects through the code. We will consider providing users this ability in the future.

Regarding your second question, you can reference an indicator you would like to manipulate to your custom indicator and add/update/delete the results and add more output lines.

@Spotware

tmfd
20 Jan 2016, 20:03

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Currently there is no way to access chart objects through the code. We will consider providing users this ability in the future.

Regarding your second question, you can reference an indicator you would like to manipulate to your custom indicator and add/update/delete the results and add more output lines.

Hi,

I was searching for access to chart obcjets and came across this thread.

Was wondering if there was any progress in the ability to access existing chart objects?

Thanks

@tmfd

Spotware
21 Jan 2016, 06:53

Dear Trader,

There is still no way to access chart objects through the code. We will consider providing it in the future.

@Spotware