Instrument value on mouse click on chart

Created at 27 Mar 2013, 13:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FL

fly_fx

Joined 27.03.2013

Instrument value on mouse click on chart
27 Mar 2013, 13:03

Hello,

Do you have a suggestion for getting the instrument value (and use it in an indicator/robot) by clicking on a chart?

Thanks

@fly_fx
Replies

cAlgo_Fanatic
27 Mar 2013, 14:17

No, the chart is not interactive this way. You can access the Symbol Ask and Bid values in Robots/Indicators as well as MarketSeries OHLC prices. Could you explain what exactly you need to do?

@cAlgo_Fanatic

fly_fx
27 Mar 2013, 14:27

Thanks for your reply.

What I'm asking for would be helpful for example if one wants to select specific tops and bottoms on a chart. Run your robot with some code in it, click approximately on the aera where the top or bottom is, process the position (time, price) and then do something else.

@fly_fx

fly_fx
27 Mar 2013, 14:33

I wasn't specific, sorry. I was talking about a specific area on a chart. Not the last value of the instrument.

@fly_fx

fly_fx
27 Mar 2013, 22:50

I can see that as the pointer is moved over the chart, OHLC prices and time are displayed at the bottome left of the application. These are the exact prices I want to input to my robot with an OnChartClick kind of method. Let me know if you can think of anything. Thanks again.

@fly_fx

cAlgo_Fanatic
28 Mar 2013, 09:21

Thank you for the suggestion we will consider it for future implementations.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

Vitali Gajdabrus
18 Jan 2017, 14:59

RE:

cAlgo_Fanatic said:

Thank you for the suggestion we will consider it for future implementations.

Can I get the coordinates of the cursor in the processing of events MouseClick, MouseDoubleClick, MouseDown, MoseLeave, MuseTove, the MouseUp, and the like to the program trading robots draw on the chart.

@Vitali Gajdabrus