Slope Indicator

Created at 13 Apr 2015, 17:07
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Forex19

Joined 13.06.2013

Slope Indicator
13 Apr 2015, 17:07

Hi, 
I wanted to ask if there is an indicator measuring the slope of a trend or if it's somehow possible.

@Forex19
Replies

cjdduarte
13 Apr 2015, 18:53

RE:

Copied from another forum: ". You can not calculate an angle because the chart does not have a fixed scale Change the vertical or horizontal scale and the angle changes"

Someone with a different opinion?

Forex19 said:

Hi, 
I wanted to ask if there is an indicator measuring the slope of a trend or if it's somehow possible.

@cjdduarte

GunArm
15 Apr 2015, 22:04

RE: RE:

You can't calculate it in degrees, because of the variable scale, but you could certainly calculate it in price/time.  I would imagine it would depend on how you are getting your "trend".  Basically you would take two points with price and time of each and:

(Price[new] - Price[old])/(Time[new] - Time[old])

Depending on where your "trend" data comes from, you might have to do something more fancy, like a linear regression.

cjdduarte said:

Copied from another forum: ". You can not calculate an angle because the chart does not have a fixed scale Change the vertical or horizontal scale and the angle changes"

Someone with a different opinion?

Forex19 said:

Hi, 

@GunArm

lec0456
17 Apr 2015, 08:40

I posted an example here:

/algos/indicators/show/819

@lec0456