Switching on/off indicator/robor by keystroke

Created at 03 Feb 2015, 15:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LS

LSR2412

Joined 07.11.2014

Switching on/off indicator/robor by keystroke
03 Feb 2015, 15:50

Is it possible to have switch on/off for indicator (or robot) by pressing a key (for example Function key...or combination of keys)

@LSR2412
Replies

kricka
04 Feb 2015, 03:50

Hotkeys!

Hjorzan, this is a feature we all are waiting for. Hotkeys to start / stop robots, to place orders and so forth. The Spotware team is very much aware of this crucial ingredient missing in the platform. A must have to compete with other platforms 'cause most of them have it.

@kricka

LSR2412
04 Feb 2015, 07:59

I am not having good coding skills...and I thought this can be done without waiting for cTrader staff to do so.

joelabrahamsson.com/detecting-mouse-and-keyboard-input-with-net/

Maybe someone can use this example to make a code for mouse or key input start or stop for indicators.

@LSR2412

AlexanderRC
06 Feb 2015, 20:47

As for the stoppig, this can be done from within and indicator or cBot easily. As for the starting, the situation is more complex. The code of cBot is not executing when you press some key combo. There is simply no running code to detect that. In order to start a cBot or an indicator, the constantly running program should sit in background, wait for the event (key combo, etc) and then do some hacky UI automation in order to start a cBot or indicator in a currently running (or newly started) instance of cAlgo or cTrader.

@AlexanderRC

ChasBrownTH
31 Jul 2016, 19:08

re.Romanov Capital 'this can be done from within an indicator or cBot easily.' Can you please explain how?

I need to store data at specific times and it would be wonderful to just click a chart then have my Bot write to my database at that exact moment.

@ChasBrownTH

Jiri
31 Jul 2016, 21:56

RE:

ChasBrownTH said:

re.Romanov Capital 'this can be done from within an indicator or cBot easily.' Can you please explain how?

I need to store data at specific times and it would be wonderful to just click a chart then have my Bot write to my database at that exact moment.

Making robot which would do the action and then stop is not an option? You would attach it to chart and whenever you hit play button it does the action.

@Jiri