Is it better to call the indicator or write the indicator yourself?

Created at 01 Mar 2024, 07:06
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CP

cPheasant

Joined 14.11.2022

Is it better to call the indicator or write the indicator yourself?
01 Mar 2024, 07:06

When processing a basic indicator, I would like to know whether it is better to call it and process it, or to write the indicator program myself.
Assume that the basic indicator processing is the same in both.
The question is whether calling this will increase the amount of processing.

I don't think there is basically a big difference.
However, since there are many problems such as not being able to move objects in the chart area of ctrader, we thought it would be better to do as little processing as possible.

Thank you.

@cPheasant
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Mar 2024, 09:16

Hi there,

Unfortunately I cannot understand the question and I guess many other readers. Could you please rephrase and provide some examples of what you are doing?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
03 Mar 2024, 03:30

RE: Is it better to call the indicator or write the indicator yourself?

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Unfortunately I cannot understand the question and I guess many other readers. Could you please rephrase and provide some examples of what you are doing?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

I think what the OP is asking is if he's writing either a bot or a custom indicator that references a common indicator like the EMA, does the code execute faster if he references the native indicator in cTrader, or codes his own EMA within the custom indicator/bot he's writing. 

Since nano-seconds can make a difference, he's essentially wonder if anyone's done any bench marks to see which way is faster.

That's how I read it.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Mar 2024, 06:45

RE: RE: Is it better to call the indicator or write the indicator yourself?

firemyst said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

I think what the OP is asking is if he's writing either a bot or a custom indicator that references a common indicator like the EMA, does the code execute faster if he references the native indicator in cTrader, or codes his own EMA within the custom indicator/bot he's writing. 

Since nano-seconds can make a difference, he's essentially wonder if anyone's done any bench marks to see which way is faster.

That's how I read it.

In principle no, as long as the implementations are identical. However, since there are always specifics in each case, this needs to be checked on a case by case basis.

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
05 Mar 2024, 03:06 ( Updated at: 05 Mar 2024, 06:44 )

RE: RE: RE: Is it better to call the indicator or write the indicator yourself?

In principle no, as long as the implementations are identical. However, since there are always specifics in each case, this needs to be checked on a case by case basis.

Out of curiosity, are the native built in cTrader indicators written in .Net as well? Or another language like C++

@firemyst