Chart.ZoomLevel dis Chart.ScrollXTo ?

Created at 30 Apr 2022, 22:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Capt.Z-Fort.Builder

Joined 03.06.2020

Chart.ZoomLevel dis Chart.ScrollXTo ?
30 Apr 2022, 22:54

Hi,

I encountered an interesting problem. One of my indicators needs to set the chart zoom level and Scroll bar a bit in the initialize(). The code works fine, when I switch TimeFrames away from the gap of Tick500 to Tick300, i.e. Tick300->Tick250 or to smaller.  Tick500->Tick750 or larger, both scenarios are fine.

BUT, when the TimeFrame switch from Tick500->Tick300, the Chart.ScrollXTo doesn't work. And... Tick300->Tick500, the Chart.ZoomLevel seems 'destroyed' Chart.ScrollXTo. 

I guess ScrollXTo is always operated before Chart.ZoomLevel change, no matter where I put the code before or after ZoomLevel change?

protected override void Initialize()
        {
            //Chart.ScrollXTo(Chart.FirstVisibleBarIndex - 5);

if      (TimeFrame >= TimeFrame.Tick500) { Chart.ZoomLevel = 35; }
            else if (TimeFrame  < TimeFrame.Tick500) { Chart.ZoomLevel = 20; }

Chart.ScrollXTo(Chart.FirstVisibleBarIndex - 5);

Notifications.SendEmail("123@hotmail.com", "456@coldmail.com", "USD MORE Active" , "No Content"));
        }

P.S. One little more question, if I put 'Notification.SendEmail' in the indicator's Initialize(), will the mail be sent? I checked the reference says Notification won't work in backtesting, but didn't mention about indicator Initialize(). 

Please help, much appreciated if any advice.

Thanks. :)

@Capt.Z-Fort.Builder
Replies

amusleh
02 May 2022, 08:53

Hi,

It works fine, sometimes ScrollXTo and ZoomLevel can cause chart reload due to lack of data, and that will re-initialize your indicator.

Notifications only work on live environment, not in back test.

@amusleh

Capt.Z-Fort.Builder
02 May 2022, 13:14

RE:

OK, thanks. Though it's not a big issue.

amusleh said:

Hi,

It works fine, sometimes ScrollXTo and ZoomLevel can cause chart reload due to lack of data, and that will re-initialize your indicator.

Notifications only work on live environment, not in back test.

@Capt.Z-Fort.Builder