How to display a time tag for a vertical line?

Created at 22 Apr 2022, 17:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Capt.Z-Fort.Builder

Joined 03.06.2020

How to display a time tag for a vertical line?
22 Apr 2022, 17:54

Hello, 

I know how to draw a vertical line in a chart.

ChartVerticalLine _verticalLine = Chart.DrawVerticalLine("Vert.Line", timeValue, Color.LightSkyBlue, 1, LineStyle.Dots); 

But I want to know how to make the vertical line always display its time tag, like pressing down the mouse middle wheel, the crosshair will show the time tag at X-axis always? 

Please advise,

Thanks.

@Capt.Z-Fort.Builder
Replies

amusleh
25 Apr 2022, 13:14

Hi,

To show the time on x axis you have to set the line IsInteractive property to true.

@amusleh

Capt.Z-Fort.Builder
25 Apr 2022, 13:34

RE:

Oh, thanks.  I just realised.

Generally, if the object in chart is IsInteractive = True, is there any way to get rid of the highlight when the mouse hovers over? Maybe not, I guess...

amusleh said:

Hi,

To show the time on x axis you have to set the line IsInteractive property to true.

@Capt.Z-Fort.Builder

amusleh
26 Apr 2022, 09:12

RE: RE:

TheNiatpac said:

Generally, if the object in chart is IsInteractive = True, is there any way to get rid of the highlight when the mouse hovers over? Maybe not, I guess...

amusleh said:

Hi,

Hi,

You can try setting the IsLocked property of object to True, this will lock the object and user will not be able to update the object unless it's unlocked.

@amusleh

Capt.Z-Fort.Builder
26 Apr 2022, 12:27

RE: RE: RE:

Oh, yes, I tried locking the object, but the highlight is still there when hovering over it. Anyway, it's a tiny issue here.   

Thanks for the reply again. :)

amusleh said:

TheNiatpac said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Hi,

You can try setting the IsLocked property of object to True, this will lock the object and user will not be able to update the object unless it's unlocked.

@Capt.Z-Fort.Builder