Two candlestick series in the same chart window

Created at 31 Oct 2014, 18:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

felipetto

Joined 17.04.2014

Two candlestick series in the same chart window
31 Oct 2014, 18:44

I need to plot a candlestick chart indicator in same window of currency pair using candlestick in both cases. Can I do this?
One candles series is the selected currency and the second candle series is the indicator.

@felipetto
Replies

Spotware
03 Nov 2014, 09:43

You can draw candles using ChartObjects.DrawLine method. Draw thin line from high to low and thick line from open to close.

@Spotware

trend_meanreversion
18 Mar 2016, 12:33

RE:

Spotware said:

You can draw candles using ChartObjects.DrawLine method. Draw thin line from high to low and thick line from open to close.

Is it possible to draw ChartObjects.DrawLine ( basically creating my own OHLC ) in a bot instead of indicator ? Nothing is getting created on charts despite of me able to print the data correctly in cBot . It seems i can't use chartObjects in a cbot , is it correct ?

@trend_meanreversion

Spotware
24 Mar 2016, 14:14

Dear Trader,

It's possible to draw a line in a cBot, but not when you use backtesting. ChartObjects is disabled in backtesting.

Please have a look at the following code snippet:

protected override void OnStart()
{
    var index = Source.Count;
    var price = Symbol.Bid + Symbol.PipSize;
    ChartObjects.DrawLine("line", index - 1000, price, index, price, Colors.Blue, 2, LineStyle.Solid);
}

@Spotware