Method to get all objects across multiple chart/symbols (not current chart)

Created at 14 Oct 2021, 17:40
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MU

MuttleyBerks

Joined 19.03.2021

Method to get all objects across multiple chart/symbols (not current chart)
14 Oct 2021, 17:40

My indicator checks multiple symbols and displays the results on the current chart in a canvas. I would like to get all horizontal lines manually drawn for a symbol and check for resistance zone contact.  

It seems FindAllObjects is only available for the current chart. Is there an API in cTrader (currently using 4.1) to get all objects from a specific symbol?

Regards,

Muttley

@MuttleyBerks
Replies

amusleh
15 Oct 2021, 08:29

Hi,

You can only have access to the chart objects that your indicator/cBot is attached to, you can't access other charts objects.

@amusleh

MuttleyBerks
16 Oct 2021, 20:36

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

You can only have access to the chart objects that your indicator/cBot is attached to, you can't access other charts objects.

Just wanted to check before I requested an enhancement. You can access market data through different symbols so it's logical returning objects from different charts should be available from the API.

@MuttleyBerks

amusleh
18 Oct 2021, 09:06

RE: RE:

MuttleyBerks said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Just wanted to check before I requested an enhancement. You can access market data through different symbols so it's logical returning objects from different charts should be available from the API.

Hi,

Not logical based on current design of cTrader automate, as each indicator/cBot is attached to one single chart and its area of work is only that chart.

You can create a suggestion for this and if other users voted for it the team might consider to add such a feature.

@amusleh