how to tell if an output is hidden

Created at 16 Oct 2014, 18:40
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lec0456

Joined 14.11.2012

how to tell if an output is hidden
16 Oct 2014, 18:40

Is there a way to tell programmatically if someone has chosen to hide an output of an indicator?  In the picture below I unchecked %k1,  I would like to branch on that selection within the code of the indicator.

@lec0456
Replies

Spotware
17 Oct 2014, 09:14

You can hide some lines completely:

1. Remove Output attribute from data series which you would like to hide
  2. Initialize such data series in Initialize method:
MyHiddenSeries = CreateDataSeries();

@Spotware

lec0456
17 Oct 2014, 13:40

no, no.  I mean when you check or uncheck the output to be displayed, like %K in the window above:  if there a way to read that variable within the code?

if (!PercentK.Hidden){ ChartObjects.DrawText("STOlabel1", DisplayK, index, PercentK[index], VerticalAlignment.Center, HorizontalAlignment.Right, Colors.Green);)

@lec0456

galafrin
18 Oct 2014, 23:21

RE:

lec0456 said:

no, no.  I mean when you check or uncheck the output to be displayed, like %K in the window above:  if there a way to read that variable within the code?

if (!PercentK.Hidden){ ChartObjects.DrawText("STOlabel1", DisplayK, index, PercentK[index], VerticalAlignment.Center, HorizontalAlignment.Right, Colors.Green);)

In my understanding Calgo does not provide yet access to any user chart settings , like indicator box or graph (candles, bars, etc)  

@galafrin

Spotware
20 Oct 2014, 09:32

No, cAlgo doesn't provide such functionality.

@Spotware

crank
27 Dec 2014, 17:32 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

How do I use PercentK from the StochasticOscillator for two different symbols? I see the RSI for multi-symbols, but RSI has an "MarketSeries.Close" type input. PercentK any many other indicators don't.

Is there a way to tell programmatically if someone has chosen to hide an output of an indicator?  In the picture below I unchecked %k1,  I would like to branch on that selection within the code of the indicator.

@crank