email notification and playsound

Created at 15 Jan 2021, 13:45
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BJ

BJORNBERNAU

Joined 21.07.2020

email notification and playsound
15 Jan 2021, 13:45

Hi 

I have problems in getting email notifications. Se below 

Is authentication needed? 

Also, I wonder how it is possible to avoid playing sound on every tick, but rather only on bar. 

@BJORNBERNAU
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
15 Jan 2021, 13:49

Hi BJORNBERNAU,

Is authentication needed

You need to ask your email provider on what is required in order to use their smtp service.

Also, I wonder how it is possible to avoid playing sound on every tick, but rather only on bar. 

You need to check if Bars.OpenTimes.Last(0) has changed since the last tick and send the email only then.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

BJORNBERNAU
15 Jan 2021, 14:19 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi BJORNBERNAU,

Is authentication needed

You need to ask your email provider on what is required in order to use their smtp service.

You need to check if Bars.OpenTimes.Last(0) has changed since the last tick and send the email only then.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Well, 

thank you. 

Is it possible to make price alerts like the one in cTrader for price levels, but for a custom indicator signal ?

Thank you! 

But I really cannot see how I can apply tick data in INDICATOR, onTICK seem reserved for Robots. 

How would you construct a tick signal and compare it to Bars.OpenTimes.Last(0) ?

@BJORNBERNAU

PanagiotisCharalampous
15 Jan 2021, 15:24

Hi BJORNBERNAU,

Price alerts are not available via the API. You need to develop your own custom solution, either using message boxes or custom win forms.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

BJORNBERNAU
15 Jan 2021, 17:07

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi BJORNBERNAU,

Price alerts are not available via the API. You need to develop your own custom solution, either using message boxes or custom win forms.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

SHOULD HAVE BEEN WRITTEN HERE 

Thank you! 

But I really cannot see how I can apply tick data in INDICATOR, onTICK seem reserved for Robots. 

How would you construct a tick signal and compare it to Bars.OpenTimes.Last(0) ?

@BJORNBERNAU

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Jan 2021, 08:13

Hi BJORNBERNAU,

You should be creating different threads for different subjects. Calculate method is triggered for each bar for past data and for each tick for current price stream. If you want to subscribe to tick events, you can subscribe to Bars.Tick.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous