cAlgo is ruining my day

Created at 28 Jun 2014, 22:38
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SE

serpent

Joined 28.06.2014

cAlgo is ruining my day
28 Jun 2014, 22:38

I created an indicator, run it and it crashed. probably i did something wrong in the code. no doubt.

then i opened calgo again and the indicator was still running and calgo crashed again.

now i am in a crashing loop and cannot do anything cause there is no enough time to close the indicator.

tried emptying folder then starting calgo which had reset all my indicators but thats not a solution doing it every time this happens.

what do i do?

also another thing: i want to include like 10 dlls and they have to be added one by one. why? whats wrong with multiple file selection. 

finally: an annoying bug in the editor. i'm used to have comments inside methods like

/*
                this is a comment
             */

but when i add them and compile or save, calgo moves them either up or down. please check it.

@serpent
Replies

Jimmy
29 Jun 2014, 13:15

Maybe you can load the indicator in visual studio and see where it goes into an endless loop and fix it then save it and restart Calgo to see if it loads the repaired indicator.

Or you can try to rename the indicator itself so that Calgo can not find it anymore upon loading and can do nothing but skip it or maybe you already tried that?

I too had 3 hard weeks with Calgo in the beginning.

@Jimmy

Spotware
29 Jun 2014, 13:19 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

I created an indicator, run it and it crashed. probably i did something wrong in the code. no doubt.

then i opened calgo again and the indicator was still running and calgo crashed again.

now i am in a crashing loop and cannot do anything cause there is no enough time to close the indicator.

tried emptying folder then starting calgo which had reset all my indicators but thats not a solution doing it every time this happens.

what do i do?

Please send the indicator that crashes cAlgo to engage@spotware.com. We will investigate the problem.

also another thing: i want to include like 10 dlls and they have to be added one by one. why? whats wrong with multiple file selection. 

We will allow multiple selection in next releases. 

finally: an annoying bug in the editor. i'm used to have comments inside methods like

but when i add them and compile or save, calgo moves them either up or down. please check it.

We will look into it. As a temporary solution you can switch off the Auto format option.

@Spotware