Making a mini terminal on chart

Created at 01 Apr 2014, 03:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KK

kknaguib

Joined 01.04.2014

Making a mini terminal on chart
01 Apr 2014, 03:03

I was wondering if it's possible to make a mini UI on the chart with things like buttons and text boxes. I was thinking of making an order manager where I can drag a SL and TP and entry line on my chart before the trade is executed and it would automatically calculate my position size based on a fixed amount I set. Something similar to the MT4 mini terminal would this be possible to make? If so, how can I make buttons and text boxes on a chart? Thanks

@kknaguib
Replies

Spotware
02 Apr 2014, 09:56

No, it is not currently possible. We plan to extend Chart API in the future.

@Spotware

Ishwara
12 Sep 2014, 23:47

Hello,

I was planning to develop approximately the same functionalities for TP SL and position sizing.

Is it now possible to create UI on the chart with some buttons and text boxes ?

if not, is it possible to create an application with some UI that interact with cTrader ?

Without pulling a webservice from a CRobot to get some informations from a backend that an other application populate.

Otherwise we can just create An indicator or a cRobot and set the new parameters every time we set it on the chart. But it means removing and adding it every time i want to create an order.

I hope i'm clear about my questions. If it's not the case i will try again :)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

@Ishwara

Spotware
15 Sep 2014, 11:04

Is it now possible to create UI on the chart with some buttons and text boxes ?

No, it is not currently possible.

if not, is it possible to create an application with some UI that interact with cTrader ?

Without pulling a webservice from a CRobot to get some informations from a backend that an other application populate.

In cAlgo you can use all the power of .NET framework. In cBot or Custom Indicator you can create a window with any UI. However it is an advanced technique and only professional .NET developers can do it.

Here you can find more information:

https://www.google.com/webhp?q=wpf%20create%20window%20code%20behind

@Spotware

Ishwara
15 Sep 2014, 12:45

I'm a professional iOS Developer, so the development is not an issue. C# and .net is not difficult to learn. I just have some question about how to start :)

I suppose i need to attach my new window (UI) to something.

How can i get the main windows or the chart window to attach a new one to it from a cBot or Indicator.

ChildWindow window = new ChildWindow(); 
this.Root.Children.Add(window); 
window.Show();

Thanks for your support.

@Ishwara

Spotware
15 Sep 2014, 14:07

It is not possible, you can create only new independent window. In order to do that you need to create a new STA thread and create window from there. Please also keep in mind that cAlgo.API is not thread safe.

@Spotware

Ishwara
16 Sep 2014, 12:22

It works well with independent windows.

I think as a new feature, it could be good to have the possibilty to add a window to the chart directly, to avoid having a lot of floating windows or having one single window to manage all Symbols.

It's not very efficient :)

Thanks for your answers and support !

Regards,

Sky.

@Ishwara

Spotware
16 Sep 2014, 12:26

RE:

SkyAction said:

It works well with independent windows.

I think as a new feature, it could be good to have the possibilty to add a window to the chart directly, to avoid having a lot of floating windows or having one single window to manage all Symbols.

It's not very efficient :)

Thanks for your answers and support !

Regards,

Sky.

Thank you for your idea, we will consider it.

@Spotware

Jimmy
15 Apr 2016, 20:53 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

So i was disappointed to find that i can not create / design GUI on chart so now i create my hedge center in VS but i need to capture the event and i can not find the correct way to do so.

I used to read article about how to do it but i can not locate it anymore.

@Jimmy

Spotware
19 Apr 2016, 16:26

Dear Trader,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding your issue? 

Which event do you try to catch? 

Please have a look at the Events (C# Programming Guide) tutorial of Microsoft.

@Spotware