Account Equity

Created at 14 Feb 2014, 15:08
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CI

cicondo

Joined 18.12.2012

Account Equity
14 Feb 2014, 15:08

Hi folks,

as a serious and discretionary trader it is essential to observe my account equity. I'm trying to implement this as
an indicator.

So for that I need the result of each trade I had made (manually-non robots) and which is closed.
I cannot find some functions within the API wich would help me to do that.

Do you have some ideas on how to solve that problem?
The simplest way I guess, would be to listen to any order, executed in the account so I would store it by myself.

cheers Cicondo

@cicondo
Replies

cicondo
16 Feb 2014, 23:28

RE:

cicondo said:

Hi folks,

as a serious and discretionary trader it is essential to observe my account equity. I'm trying to implement this as
an indicator.

So for that I need the result of each trade I had made (manually-non robots) and which is closed.

The simplest way I guess, would be to listen to any order, executed in the account so I would store it by myself.

cheers Cicondo

Hey,

has nobody here an answer? Or my description is badly explained?

Need some help.

C.

@cicondo

oktrader
16 Feb 2014, 23:45

RE: RE:

You can code a robot that prints every minute the account equity to the log. So you need to use 1 minute time frame.

protected override void OnBar()
{
   if (Positions > 0)
   {       
       Print(Account.Equity);
   }
}

@oktrader

AlexanderRC
27 Mar 2014, 20:35

RE:

cicondo said:

Hi folks,

an indicator.

cheers Cicondo

I have coded a simple indicator, Show Equity, that shows current equity for an account on a main chart. Is that what you want?

@AlexanderRC