Silent errors, indicator halting

Created at 09 Feb 2014, 17:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EL

Elogos

Joined 23.01.2014

Silent errors, indicator halting
09 Feb 2014, 17:25

Good Afternoon,

I have a dashboard that I have created, multiple symbols, multiple timeframes.

I am having a problem because it seems that your data seems get faulty at points or the symbol and timeframe is unavailable. The main problem is, I just don't know.

Now this has happened to me 3 times in the last week, which isn't great because my running indicator resets.

Can we please have an exception for symbol/data not available so that I can catch the error and continue?

It is becoming increasingly unreliable way of operating for me.

@Elogos
Replies

Elogos
09 Feb 2014, 19:10

At time of writing :

MarketSeries:

EURSGD 4 Hour, NZDJPY 1 Hour

Are inaccessible.

I have written a little indicator that outputs to a text file (getting around the limitation of writing to screen when error occurs).

It writes on Calculate() what it will test next into this file, thereby catching the faulty MarketSeries.

Then on the next Calculate() call it will test that symbol/timeframe pair, and if the indicator errors and doesn't continue, then obviously the last entry was the faulty pair.

However I have not done a complete job, it won't continue to test a further timeframe of that pair without me typing out all of the test combos.

@Elogos

Spotware
10 Feb 2014, 11:32

If symbol doesn't exist GetSymbol method returns null.

Do you still observe the issue?

@Spotware

Elogos
10 Feb 2014, 12:04

No that is the problem, it doesn't return null, it just stops working altogether, throws the indicator off without error.

The only way it starts working again is if I take that symbol out temporarily or your support repairs the issue.

@Elogos

Spotware
10 Feb 2014, 12:19

Please send source code of your indicator to engage@spotware.com. We will investigate the issue.

@Spotware

Spotware
12 Feb 2014, 12:46

The problem has been identified and will be fixed as soon as possible

@Spotware