Indicator keeps working without a single line of code

Created at 19 Nov 2019, 10:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RA

RayAdam

Joined 02.06.2019

Indicator keeps working without a single line of code
19 Nov 2019, 10:36

Hi Support,

Having a strange behaviour from a  indicator. I was testing some buttons and checkboxes used to triger some code for ploting lines on the chart.

Started noticing that some code was executing without being called. I started removing code lines to rule out the issue but end up removing all of the code but indicator is loading all Buttons and Checkboxes and still working like nothing is removed. If I write a message thru Print command, Logs show correct output

Troubleshooting done so far; Restarted cTrader few times and removed all code lines ;)

Please advise if this has been reported previously and the solution.

Below is all the code inside indicator which is loading few buttons & checkboxes and plotting lines on the chart.

let me know if you need a video demonstrating indicator behaviour.(advise email address for the video link)

using System;
using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Internals;
using cAlgo.API.Indicators;
using cAlgo.Indicators;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Indicator(IsOverlay = true, TimeZone = TimeZones.CenAustraliaStandardTime, AccessRights = AccessRights.FileSystem)]
    public class ChartLines : Indicator
    {
        protected override void Initialize()
        {
            Print("Supernatural");
        }

public override void Calculate(int index)
        {

}
    }
}

@RayAdam
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Nov 2019, 10:41

Hi RayAdam,

We would appreciate a video demonstrating this behavior. Please send it to community@spotware.com.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous