Show profit loss on chart

Created at 10 Nov 2019, 22:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MU

musicman

Joined 01.11.2019

Show profit loss on chart
10 Nov 2019, 22:11

Hi all you smarties!

I'm looking for an indicator that displays the symbol profit on the chart like this

1) displays pips , symbol ,balance of lotsize and profit in deposit currency of all aggregated positions which includes deductions for swap and comissions

2) can choose which corner or via x and y coordinates where to display

3) can choose size of font

so basically it would look like this:

EURUSD  0.5 Long                     (this could be say 0.7 long and 0.2 short but displays the aggregate)
+61 pips                                       (this shows the calculation balance of positive and negative positions)
+$86.65                                       (this shows the p&l of aggragate positions including all swaps and comissions)

anyone got anything like that?  or maybe willing to create it?

@musicman
Replies

calgodemo
15 Nov 2019, 22:04

There may be something like that - admittedly it's not an easy thing to search the available bots and indicators...

As for coding it up - it's a relatively simple solution, need to loop through your positions, the symbol, pips, volume, gross & net profits are all available through the API. Not sure about commissions/swaps but I imagine that's included by definition in the netprofit field. 

The positioning is also definable in the API with some static text... font size I'd have to look into but imagine that's possible to change as well...

Take a stab at coding it yourself! Lots of help here if you run into problems :) the Guides can get you started and are well done.

CaD

@calgodemo