Indicator alert framework

Created at 01 Nov 2013, 19:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BP

bp2012

Joined 31.08.2013

Indicator alert framework
01 Nov 2013, 19:25

My apologies if I've missed the answer in the documentation. I've searched the APIs and forums and couldn't find an answer to my question. Calling Notification.PlaySound(...) will play a sound but does not allow for a visual pop up alert. So it seems that if the user is not within earshot, they simply miss the alert. But let's assume that they hear the alert and come to their computer. They have 10 charts open, how will they know which chart generated the sound?

So it seems that email alerts are the only way to truly inform the user of an alert. That doesn't feel realtime enough for me. Too many things can get in the way to cause an email to not appear timely enough to capture a trade opportunity.

Is there perhaps a notifications history that we can write to? Can we log a notification to the journal tab? I haven't been able to find anything of that nature. It leaves me having to send an email, play a sound file, and then write to a log file. When the user hears the sound played they can check the log file. But that seems unwieldy.

I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in a better direction.I feel like I am missing something fundamental.

-bp

@bp2012
Replies

Cerunnos
01 Nov 2013, 19:39

RE:

bp2012 said:

My apologies if I've missed the answer in the documentation. I've searched the APIs and forums and couldn't find an answer to my question. Calling Notification.PlaySound(...) will play a sound but does not allow for a visual pop up alert. So it seems that if the user is not within earshot, they simply miss the alert. But let's assume that they hear the alert and come to their computer. They have 10 charts open, how will they know which chart generated the sound?

So it seems that email alerts are the only way to truly inform the user of an alert. That doesn't feel realtime enough for me. Too many things can get in the way to cause an email to not appear timely enough to capture a trade opportunity.

Is there perhaps a notifications history that we can write to? Can we log a notification to the journal tab? I haven't been able to find anything of that nature. It leaves me having to send an email, play a sound file, and then write to a log file. When the user hears the sound played they can check the log file. But that seems unwieldy.

I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in a better direction.I feel like I am missing something fundamental.

-bp

Pop up message box: /forum/calgo-reference-samples/475

@Cerunnos

bp2012
01 Nov 2013, 19:48

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed.

@bp2012

trend_meanreversion
31 Dec 2015, 02:22

Can someone please direct me to how to create pop up message box for my indicators ? Unfortunately the above link is not working any more -> http:///forum/calgo-reference-samples/475

@trend_meanreversion

trend_meanreversion
31 Dec 2015, 02:50 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

trend_meanreversion said:

Can someone please direct me to how to create pop up message box for my indicators ? Unfortunately the above link is not working any more -> http:///forum/calgo-reference-samples/475

No worries everyone..got it working . Thanks to the post -> /forum/calgo-support/2539

@trend_meanreversion