Issues drawing on indicator

Created at 28 May 2019, 00:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CA

calgodemo

Joined 28.05.2019

Issues drawing on indicator
28 May 2019, 00:35

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a rather bizzare bug?

I started by adding and displaying a RSI 14 period indicator to my custom indicator. Nothing special about that, worked fine.

Then I added some logic, went back to the indicator to see result - nothing there, probably made a mistake so I went to debug the indicator. Now, for that time frame (1hr) and all higher timeframes I get no RSI displayed, but for 30min/15min etc... it does still display. Huh???

On the debug the values of the currency pair seemed to be off from the real thing.

Next I get to the second part of my question:

Can someone kindly write an example of how to draw a line on the chart? 

I'm using the Chart.DrawTrendLine("label", startindex,  maxvalue, 0, currentvalue, "red", 3);

Playing around drawing a trendline on the RSI values... but can't get the thing to display.

Many Thanks,

cAD

@calgodemo
Replies

calgodemo
28 May 2019, 03:47

RE:

calgodemo said:

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a rather bizzare bug?

I started by adding and displaying a RSI 14 period indicator to my custom indicator. Nothing special about that, worked fine.

Then I added some logic, went back to the indicator to see result - nothing there, probably made a mistake so I went to debug the indicator. Now, for that time frame (1hr) and all higher timeframes I get no RSI displayed, but for 30min/15min etc... it does still display. Huh???

On the debug the values of the currency pair seemed to be off from the real thing.

Next I get to the second part of my question:

Can someone kindly write an example of how to draw a line on the chart? 

I'm using the Chart.DrawTrendLine("label", startindex,  maxvalue, 0, currentvalue, "red", 3);

Playing around drawing a trendline on the RSI values... but can't get the thing to display.

Many Thanks,

cAD

Figured it out - to draw the thing in the indicator area one has to use the IndicatorArea.DrawTrendLine function... lots of research later now ya know!

Still don't know why the darn thing won't display on the 1hr though.

@calgodemo

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 May 2019, 09:55

Hi calgodemo,

Thanks for posting in our forum. It would be easier for us to help you if you shared your indicator's code.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous