Indicator restarting

Created at 27 Aug 2013, 21:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IA

ianj

Joined 14.05.2013

Indicator restarting
27 Aug 2013, 21:35

I have an indicator that sends data out to another process on a network socket. It works throughout the day with no problems except occasionally when it gets busy (news, peak times etc) when the indicator restarts on its own (calls Initialize ) This of course break any socket connections which have to be remade

This happens when connecting to UK server from US cAlgo instance - i dont get the same problem when connecting from UK to UK server

• Is this an artefect of disconnections or comms issues ?
  • Are variables initialised when the indicators restart?
  • Why might the indicators being restarted
  • The indicator has no graphical element - if it was a Robot would its lifecycle be more rebust - ie would it refrain from restarting or maintain instance variables and and any other state

There are no problems maintaining the sockets - i have many other process running in the same windows installtion and they have no problems - its just cAlgo - and it is without any interaction with the gui - it is just when the market gets very busy

@ianj
Replies

cAlgo_Development
28 Aug 2013, 15:29

Indicator are recreated on reconnect, all internal variables are re-initialized. Robots have different life cycle, they are not restarted on disconnects. So in your case most probably it's better to use robots.

@cAlgo_Development