Output parameter without plotting

Created at 30 Sep 2018, 22:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lec0456

Joined 14.11.2012

Output parameter without plotting
30 Sep 2018, 22:11

I have an indicator calculation that I want to expose to a cBot but I don't want it ploted. I know how to de-select it so it is not drawn on the chart but it still takes up the chart space. for exapmple I have a custom rsi that plots the rsi but it also returns an integer to indicate the direction of the rsi.  +1 or -1.  but the rsi is ploted between 100-0 so by having it as an out put it skews the visual of the rsi plot.  

Is there a PlotType =none?

[Output("LstPkRsi", PlotType = PlotType.Histogram, Thickness = 1, Color = Colors.Purple)] public IndicatorDataSeries LstPkRsi { get; set; }

@lec0456
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Oct 2018, 11:21

Hi lec0456,

If you want a parameter not to be plotted then you need to remove the Output attribute.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lec0456
02 Oct 2018, 12:25

I want its value when I roll over the chart but i don't want it to take up chart space.  i would also like to be able to expose the value to a robot. 

For example:

rsi.Result2[index];

But I don't want Result2 to be plotted because it is not on the same scale as the main indicator.

@lec0456

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Oct 2018, 15:52

Hi lec0456,

It does not need to have an Output attribute to read it from a cBot. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous