Adjusting start time

Created at 20 Aug 2017, 15:08
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HT

HTtrader

Joined 19.07.2017

Adjusting start time
20 Aug 2017, 15:08

Hi there,

I am looking at modifying an indicator already on this site, pivot points to be precise. I have looked at all of them but none have the feature I am after.

What I would like to do is be able to set a start hr as a parameter for the user to input, kind of like an offset to the timezone starter clause. Can this be done and does anyone have any idea how I can start to code this in.

Thanks all

@HTtrader
Replies

croucrou
21 Aug 2017, 14:42

It has been answered several times:

/forum/calgo-reference-samples/543

@croucrou

HTtrader
22 Aug 2017, 00:31

Thanks for that, must have overlooked that when I was searching. Will try that piece of code tonight.
@HTtrader

HTtrader
08 Sep 2017, 09:25

I have tried to get this working the way I want however something is not calculating correctly. What I am after is more like an offset to start the calculation rather than specifying a start hour. Is there a function that can do this or do I have to manually set start and stop hours as per the link. What I am after is a pivot point indicator that calculates daily pivots however you can offset the start hour of calculation to say start at new York open and calculate pivots from there. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
@HTtrader