FIX Session Limits + SendingTime accuracy problem

Created at 10 Sep 2024, 11:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid7344546

Joined 11.03.2024

FIX Session Limits + SendingTime accuracy problem
10 Sep 2024, 11:37

Hi there 

I had 2 questions regarding the FIX API:

1) Is there a limit on the number of sessions that can be opened when using the FIX protocol? Each session would be a separate account

2) I have been running into this error recently when trying to fetch market data for multiple symbols for FIX: 

'Message 2132 Rejected: SendingTime accuracy problem'. 

When fetching 1/2 symbols for MsgType_MarketDataRequest (V) it's fine but when I attempt more, I get that error after a period of time and I'm then forced to log out. Is there a specific way to fetch multiple symbol data? And is there a timeout before I can log back in again?

Thanks in advance

@ctid7344546
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Sep 2024, 11:58

Hi there,

1. No there isn't. Each account can have a session opened
  2. It looks like an issue with your system's time, generating wrong timestamps. Please check it and make sure it's correct.

When fetching 1/2 symbols for MsgType_MarketDataRequest (V) it's fine but when I attempt more, I get that error after a period of time and I'm then forced to log out. Is there a specific way to fetch multiple symbol data? And is there a timeout before I can log back in again?

No there isn't a way to fetch multiple symbol data not there is a timeout between logouts/logins

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous