FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN

Created at 07 May 2024, 10:56
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FC

fcvisser

Joined 07.05.2024

FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN
07 May 2024, 10:56

Hi - new to the FIX API. Hoping someone can please point out my mistake.

I'm using Python, have installed the API and trying to run the sample app.

My input and output are as follows:

Command (ex: Help): LogonRequest ResetSeqNum=Y
If response message not arrived keep pressing 'Enter'

Sent:  8=FIX.4.4|9=129|35=A|49=demo.ctrader.XXXXXXX|56=cServer|57=QUOTE|50=QUOTE|34=1|52=20240507-10:48:02|98=0|108=30|141=Y|553=XXXXX|554=XXXXX|10=228|

Received:  8=FIX.4.4|9=109|35=5|34=1|49=cServer|50=QUOTE|52=20240507-10:48:02.928|56=demo.ctrader.XXXXXXX|57=QUOTE|58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN|10=164|

Disconnected, reason:  [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionDone'>: Connection was closed cleanly.
]
Connected

I'm using the account number as the username and the password I've generated by selecting ‘change password’. Both, from cTrader settings. I've made 100% sure this is as it should be in my config file, as well as all the other settings provided. The rest of the config file looks as follows (username / password removed):

{
 "Host": "demo1.p.ctrader.com",
 "Port": 5201,
 "SSL": false,
 "Username": "",
 "Password": "",
 "BeginString": "FIX.4.4",
 "SenderCompID": "demo.ctrader.XXXXXXX",
 "SenderSubID": "QUOTE",
 "TargetCompID": "cServer",
 "TargetSubID": "QUOTE",
 "HeartBeat": "30"
}

What am I getting wrong? Please help fellow cTraders!

Many Thanks

F.

@fcvisser
Replies

Spotware
08 May 2024, 05:23

Hi there,

The message indicates that the account number you use does not exist. Can you share a screenshot of your cTrader's FIX API form?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@Spotware

fcvisser
08 May 2024, 07:51 ( Updated at: 08 May 2024, 11:24 )

RE: FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN

Spotware said: 

Hi there,

The message indicates that the account number you use does not exist. Can you share a screenshot of your cTrader's FIX API form?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotos

Thanks for getting back to me. Sure - here you go.

I'll also create another demo account and see if that perhaps work…

Kind Regards

Fred

@fcvisser

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 May 2024, 11:29

RE: RE: FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN

fcvisser said: 

Spotware said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotos

Kind Regards

Fred

Hi Fred,

Can you share the complete FIX message you sent including the account number? You seem to be doing something wrong there.

Best regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

fcvisser
08 May 2024, 11:45

RE: RE: RE: FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

fcvisser said: 

Spotware said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotos

Kind Regards

Fred

Hi Fred,

Can you share the complete FIX message you sent including the account number? You seem to be doing something wrong there.

Best regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi - the fix message is generated by the Python example programme provided by cTrader, and is in my first message. I've only removed the username and password, which is configured in the config file. Apologies, but am I missing something?

Cheers

Fred

@fcvisser

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 May 2024, 12:05

RE: RE: RE: RE: FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN

fcvisser said: 

fcvisser said: 

Spotware said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotos

Kind Regards

Fred

Hi Fred,

Best regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi - the fix message is generated by the Python example programme provided by cTrader, and is in my first message. I've only removed the username and password, which is configured in the config file. Apologies, but am I missing something?

Cheers

Fred

Hi Fred, 

I need to see your exact configuration or the exact message you are sending. As per the response the provided account number is wrong.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

fcvisser
08 May 2024, 12:11

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN

fcvisser said: 

fcvisser said: 

Spotware said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotos

Kind Regards

Fred

Hi Fred,

Best regards,

Panagiotis 

Cheers

Fred

Hi Fred, 

I need to see your exact configuration or the exact message you are sending. As per the response the provided account number is wrong.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi - below is the contents of the json configuration file:

@fcvisser

fcvisser
08 May 2024, 12:27

RE: FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN

Spotware said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis

I've figured out why this is not working. The details from the web-based application for the broker is as per below. This works. However this is different to what I see in the desktop application when I view the details. The desktop details does not work. Do you know why they would show different information?

Kind Regards
Fred

@fcvisser

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 May 2024, 05:26

RE: RE: FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN

fcvisser said: 

Spotware said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis

I've figured out why this is not working. The details from the web-based application for the broker is as per below. This works. However this is different to what I see in the desktop application when I view the details. The desktop details does not work. Do you know why they would show different information?

Kind Regards
Fred

Thanks, we will check why this happens

@PanagiotisCharalampous

fcvisser
09 May 2024, 07:44

RE: RE: RE: FIX API login response: 58=RET_NO_SUCH_LOGIN

fcvisser said: 

Spotware said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis

Kind Regards
Fred

Thanks, we will check why this happens

Thanks for the quick response & all your help. Much appreciated.

@fcvisser