Question about Closing Opening Positions in cTrade

Created at 16 Nov 2023, 12:46
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid6648901

Joined 09.10.2023

Question about Closing Opening Positions in cTrade
16 Nov 2023, 12:46

Hi,

I understand that in cTrade, closing an opening position typically requires sending a request along with the position ID (tag 721) of the opening position.

I'm curious if there's a feature within the cTrade platform that eliminates the necessity of sending the position ID when closing an opening position. Is there a functionality that can be enabled on the exchange side to handle this, rather than managing the position ID (721 tag value) on our end?

For instance, let's consider a scenario where I have an opening buy position of 1000 quantity with a position ID (721 tag value) of 1234556. Is it possible to close this position by simply sending a sell order for 1000 quantity without explicitly including the 721 tag? I'm interested in initiating the sell order and having it automatically close the corresponding position on the exchange without the need to include the 721 tag.

Is there a mechanism in place to achieve this?

@ctid6648901
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Nov 2023, 06:54

Reply to: Question about Closing Opening Positions in cTrader

Hi there,

You can use a netting account and all your orders will be netted into one position.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous